Sunday, August 13, 2017

Ogden Family History Center Open House

I hope you got a chance to experience some of the fun things there.  Let me share with you just a few discoveries under the apps section of family search.  (scroll down to the very bottom of the page where it says App Gallery in the footer.)

In the search bar type in "All the Stories".  This free app will show you which of your ancestors have stories attached to them and how many.  You can click on them in the sidebar to read what has been written.  (And you can see who needs information added to them!)

Games that Emma enjoyed:
Match game
Geneopardy

I discovered that there are 3,684 people in the United States with the first name Linnea.



what my maiden name means:



plus what was going on in the world the year I was born:



I also saw a pie chart showing how much of me is made up from what countries.  This was all done on a giant computer screen.

David liked the documentary movie about the family history center with the cookies and lemon water.  Emma had fun playing horseshoes and hula hoop, but she saved her coloring book and crayons for later.  What did you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment