Saturday, November 10, 2018

A visit from Father

President Nelson recounts a personal family history story that bears testimony of the importance of temple and family history work for all families.

GOT TIME?
I was just coming home from work when David asked if I'd like to go to the temple with him.  Of course, what ordinances will we be doing?  If it was just Paul going with us, we'd do endowments, but since Julia decided to come along, we chose baptisms.  As I was going through the list of names that I had reserved, two names popped up that needed sealed to parents.  I felt strongly that I needed to do this work for these sisters, but David really wanted us to go as a family to do baptisms.  I handed David the baptism names and promised I would join them just as soon as possible.  I quickly changed my clothes and took my two names to up to the sealing office.  There I was greeted by President and Sister Allen.  I explained that I needed to seal these two daughters and then join my family in the baptistery.  Sister Allen took me straight to a sealing room where a couple was already kneeling at the alter.  They had me slip in as a daughter; I did my two names and then changed my clothes.  I passed the temple greeter on my way to the baptistery.  She said that was the shortest session on record.  I was in and out in 10 minutes.  In fact, I arrived to the font area while my family was still changing their clothes.  I slipped into a white jumpsuit and walked out into the waiting area with Julia.  We still got all the baptisms done together as a family, but I know of two very grateful sisters that had their work completed because I took the time to make their ordinances a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment